Saturday, March 26, 2011

Love means never having to say you're sari...

...and I will never apologize for my love of Indian culture. My favorite drink is Chai, my favorite movies include Davidas; Jodhaa Akbar; and B-L-A-C-K; I know that Aishwarya Rai is the most beautiful women in the world; and I'm on the look out for a single Hindu girl for my friend so that I can wear a sari to his wedding...by the way if you know anyone please let me know...or directly contact Chinmay Patel (you'll find him at Medical School and /or helping old people across the street, as he does everyday on his way to volunteer work).

And, I made my very own Potato and Pea Samosas!

Dough:
2c flour
6T water
4T oil

Filling:
2 medium russet potatoes
1 medium onion
1c green peas
7 shakes of garam marsala
5 shakes of chili powder
4 shakes of ginger powder
2 dashes of salt
Mix the dough ingredients and set aside.
Boil the potatoes, let them cool, then dice them into roughly 1/4 in cubes.
Chop and saute the onion. 

Mix the onion, potatoes, peas and all the spices in a large bowl. Sample the mixture until you get the spices just how you like them.

Press out a 3-4in circle of dough. Add 1-2T of filling to the center. Fold the dough over and pinch the ends to make a semicircle shape.

Fry the soon-to-be-samosas in an inch of vegetable oil. Roughly 2 minutes on each side.

And Voila! Beautiful golden brown homemade Samosas!!
Oh and this is Chinmay....

1 comment:

  1. Oh yea, thats the most attractive picture of me ever :P

    Kidding aside, those samosa's are awesome. I am glad that I was able to share parts of my culture with you growing up. :D

    <3
    ~Chinmay

    ReplyDelete